How Structural Steel Platforms Optimize WorkspacesDecember 21, 2015
Space is at a premium in industrial facilities, plants, and warehouses. That is because not only must there be adequate space to place and store everything, but there also cannot be a disruption to workflow or efficiency. Fortunately, just because space is getting tight, does not necessarily mean that the facility will have to expand or renovate; structural steel platforms allow industrial facilities and plants to effectively optimize their workspaces in a quick, easy, safe, and cost efficient way.
The Basics of Structural Steel PlatformsThe primary function of steel platforms is to increase usable work or storage space. With proper planning, implementation of these structures adds an average of two to three times the functional space. Whether the facility is adding shelving or work stations, they can effectively add several buildings’ worth of functionality without breaking ground at all. The steel supplements are substantially less expensive than acquiring new land, relocating facilities, granting industrial zoning or erecting entirely new buildings.
Structural Steel Platforms OptionsThe right structural platform can hold just about anything. These customizable designs enables the structures to hold whatever it needs to store or house and is optimized for cost. With a professional designer, structures can be customized to fit exact space requirements, preventing the rise of expensive building additions. Some common uses for platforms include:
- Heavy equipment storage
- Expansive storage shelves for mass quantities
- Heat intensive work spaces for metalworking
- Large event platforms, both temporary and permanent
- Walkable platforming for high shelves where lift equipment is unavailable
- Grounded work stations for high voltage and high current electricity work
- Additional meeting room in space confined facilities
- Lighting, sound and other specialized stage or production equipment suspension