Why Modular LACT Units Are BeneficialFebruary 18, 2016
The Lease Automatic Custody Transfer, or LACT unit, is responsible for transferring crude oil from the production site to pipelines and storage facilities. These indispensable units also accurately measure the amount of substance being transported so that each party can receive monetary compensation.
Why Modular Process Skids Benefit LACT UnitsLACT units are composed of a multitude of complex and highly fragile pieces of equipment. In order for these pieces to function at their highest capacity, it is necessary that all of the parts work together flawlessly. This need for harmony and balance is the reason that LACT units greatly benefit from modular process skids. These skids are totally integrated, and will ensure that all of your LACT parts are compatible. By increasing efficiency and compatibility these modular LACT units help companies to save time and money; these units are especially cost effective when compared their non-integrated counterparts.
The Essential Parts of a LACT UnitLACT units derive their efficiency from a network of highly-specialized parts. Some of these parts include:
- Control Panel - As the name suggests, the control panel gives the operator complete control over the unit.
- Meter - The meter measures the amount of fluid being pumped through, and the amount of fluid being displaced.
- Charge Pump - The charge pump and motor supply the LACT unit with energy.
- Meter Prover Loop - The meter prover loop serves the function of a second meter, and ensures that no leakage occurs during the transporting process.
- Air Eliminator - The air eliminator removes any excess air and vapor from the fluid, allowing for the most accurate meter readings possible.
- Valves and Sealings - LACT units also consist of a complicated system of valves and sealings. These parts help to reduce the threat of leakage.
The Benefits of Modular LACT UnitsAs mentioned above, changing over to fully integrated LACT units will produce many benefits for companies. A few of these benefits include:
- Quick installation
- Lower costs
- Fewer interruptions at your site
- Full compliance with industry standards
- Increased quality control and better testing