The Tool room attendant also provides assistance with assignment of power tools, welding consumables, equipment to craftsmen as needed.
The Tool attendant issues necessary tools/equipment/supplies to various trades within the company and also performs repair, inventory and stocking of the needed supplies for the warehouse/tool room as necessary.
- Must obtain a Class A CDL
- Clean driving record
- Pass pre-employment drug screening
- Travel required to haul equipment
- Issue tools and supplies such as power tools, welding supplies to various trades
- Stock supplies
- Inspect and repair small tools, extension cords, etc. as needed
- Maintain a clean tool room area
- Maintain accurate records of incoming and outgoing supplies, tool, equipment, etc.
- Ability to perform other shop helper duties as needed
- Ability to troubleshoot and make minor repairs to equipment and vehicles at the job site for loading and unloading purposes.
- Transport heavy equipment
- Requires good oral communication skills to communicate effectively with employees, Management, outside vendors etc.
- Personal commitment to safety
- Requires concentration, alertness, and attention to detail
- Requires the ability to work with others with minimal supervision and be a team player
- Must be able to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions and procedures
- Must be able to comprehend and follow occupational safety and health regulations
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to read and write the English language
- Must be able to prioritize work
- Requires the ability to problem solve
- Must present a courteous, efficient and professional demeanor, even under stressful situations
- Performs other duties as assigned