STI Group Attends 2016 OTC
This week, from Monday, May 2nd through Thursday, May 5th, STI Group will be attending the annual Offshore Technology Conference (OTC). We are excited to once again participate in this important yearly event. The annual OTC event, held each year in Houston, TX at NRG Park during the first week of May, is the world’s leading energy conference dedicated to the development of offshore resources for exploration, drilling, and production.
About the Offshore Technology Conference
The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) was begun in 1969 and has since grown into an international event. In addition to the yearly OTC held in Houston, Texas during May the OTC also includes OTC Brasil, OTC Asia, the Arctic Technology Conference, and D5.
The Offshore Technology Conference is organized and managed by a group of 13 different societies and organizations within the energy sector. These 13 managing organizations include the following:
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
- ASME International Petroleum Technology Institute (ASME-PD)
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)
- Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME)
- Brazilian Petroleum, Gas and Biofuels Institute (IBP)
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers (AIME)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Oceanic and Engineering Society (IEEE-OES)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Marine Technology Society (MTS)
- Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration Inc. (SME)
- The Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society (TMS)
Each year marks new growth for OTC and this year’s event is expected to be attended by more than 90,000 professionals in the oil and gas industry from over 120 different countries. This makes it an outstanding networking event as well as an exciting opportunity to learn more about developing trends and emerging technology in the offshore petroleum industry.
STI Group and the 2016 OTC
STI Group will be hosting a booth at the event, Booth 6430. We encourage attendees to drop by our booth for more information about our offshore oil and gas services including process engineering, turnkey equipment manufacturing, modular fabrication, advanced design and customization capabilities, Offshore/Onshore construction, and integrated solutions for offshore and onshore services for the upstream, midstream, and downstream markets. Our emphasis is always on delivering outstanding quality with a strong focus on safety.