STI Group is seeking full-time Ironworkers for industrial construction and capital projects in the Port Arthur, TX area. Ironworkers perform duties to raise structural steel members to form completed structures or structure framework. This is accomplished by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned. This position does not qualify for per-diem.
- Read blueprints and selects required material for construction.
- Sets up hoisting equipment for raising and placing structural steel members.
- Rigging steel members to cable of hoist, using chain, cable or rope
- Guides structure being lifted into proper position and aligns rivet holes with corresponding holes
- Drives drift pins through rivet holes.
- verifies vertical and horizontal alignment using plumb bob and level.
- Bolts aligned structures to keep them in position until permanently riveted, bolted or welded into place.
Job Overview and Requirements
- Must Be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Pass pre-employment drug screen
- Work settings will include confined and elevated areas
- Good physical dexterity and flexibility are required
- NCCER Certification or Skills Assessment Test a plus
- Rigging Certification a plus
STI Group is a world-class industrial contractor proudly servicing America’s energy sector. Our company is over 2200 employees strong and has built a reputation in the industry for our uncompromising safety, project execution, reliability, and integrity. Our singular focus is to provide unparalleled, personalized customer service. Our primary service areas include Civil Construction, Maintenance & Turnarounds, Industrial Fabrication, Boiler & Exchanger Services, and Capital Construction. As an Ironworker you would be an integral part of our mission and would be joining a rapidly growing company with a commitment to excellence.
Apply Online Now