STI Group is seeking a full-time CNC Machinist in our shop. Must be able to program, set up and operate CNC mills / lathe. Experience in 3,4,5 axis vertical and horizontal applications preferred. Doosan Milling machine / Doosan lathe experience a plus. GibbsCam programming software a plus. Precision, tight tolerance, machining and measuring a must. Quality thru-put in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, and sketches to determine sequence and methods for machining components
- Use gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements
- Understand, interprets, and writes basic codes/programs as needed
- Recognizes, deploys, and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling
- Understands and the ability to perform tool wear offsets
- Verify part specifications with measuring instruments such as micrometer, Vernier caliper, dial indicator and optical flat
- Operates CNC lathes and mills as required
- Consult with engineering as necessary
- Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance task on CNC machinery
- Maintains equipment and ensures work area is always clean and safe.
- Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Perform all task in a safe and responsible manner
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- A comprehensive understanding of geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Perform basic mathematical calculations using decimals, fractions and/or metrics
- Good communication skills. Ability to communicate with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be organized, detail oriented and adhere to a high-quality standard
- Able to handle several tasks at a time and team oriented
- A positive and professional attitude with customers and co-workers
- Strong mechanical aptitude with basic troubleshooting skills is required
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Basic computer skills such as opening, creating, and updating content in MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Physical stamina and dexterity including the ability to stand and walk up to 10 hours a day, climb, kneel, crawl, sitting, bend at waist or squat
- Able to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Manufacturing/Machine Shop
- Loud noise
- Machining: 5 years (Required)
- High School or equivalent (Preferred)
- CNC: 3 years (Preferred)
- Day shift
STI Group is a national industrial services company that provides construction, turnaround, maintenance, fabrication, and repair services to the oil and gas and industrial sectors. Our company has earned its reputation based on outstanding quality, value, and service with a strong emphasis on safety.
Apply Online Now