STI HistorySTI-Group began in 1978 under the leadership of Richard Purkey. Richard’s vision was to provide a quality product to his customers in the Southeast region of Texas. Initially the shop was named Southeast Texas Metal Works, covered 8000 sq.ft. and employed 2 people.

The business was to start small but soon to blossom, Mr. Purkey’s key to success was the relationships he developed within the area. Soon Southeast Texas Metal Works was widely known for it’s grass roots way of doing business and the company flourished.

In 1989, Paul Spence was given the responsibility of managing the company. The company name was changed to Southeast Texas Industries and over the next several years, the company enjoyed substantial but steady growth. The original facility in Buna was expanded to over 50,000 sq.ft. and six additional fabrication facilities were purchased.

STI presently has over 300,000 sq.ft. of indoor fabrication facilities and  1700+ qualified craftsmen and management personnel. Under Mr. Spence’s leadership the company has branched out in a multifaceted structure that is inclusive of many Industrial Markets and services.